Sunday, January 28, 2018

Week 69: The Robbery

My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but small moment;
And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.

Well, this week has been a tough one not gonna lie haha. robbed twice grandpa one our most positive investigators tested us out of the blue and said we couldn't meet anymore and she was gonna get baptized this week. It seemed that a lot of stuff didn't go our way and it was rough but we endured it to the end. And are seeing the blessing because of it.

 We made it a point not to [murmur[ like Laman and Lemuel. and we feel that the Lord has blessed us because of it. It been a tough week but also a week where I felt like I've grown a lot. I put into practice some advice from Joesph b Wirthlin in a talk he gave called come what may and love it his 4 points he says we should do are 1 laugh, 2 seek for the eternal perspective, Understand the principle of compensation, and put your trust in the father and the son. this talk helped me a lot in this week and help me endure the adversity. 

In a talk by Thomas Monson called decisions, he told a poem 
[One ship goes east,
 one ship goes west,
 with the same winds that blow,
Its the set of the sails,
and not the gales,
That bid them the way that they go.

it's not what happens to us in life that matters, but how we react to this adversity and where we set our sails!

So then Karen that we were gonna baptized this week turns on is already a member. We went to do the interview at her house and shes like well my mom called me today and I told her about my baptism and she was like but you already were baptised there when you were little and she didn't remember but her records are there so well it was cool reactivating her and we are gonna baptised her daughter   Kashima and 2 of her niece and nephew that live with her petition and perished  haha weird names I know.


Hope all is well !!

Love older Thackeray

No comments:

Post a Comment