Sunday, July 17, 2016

Week 9: The Chicken Guinea

Well, this week was a good week.

I had all of these red dots all over my body. My companion said it was chicken guinea, which is like a sickness you get from getting bit by too many mosquitoes; but, it went away after a couple of days. We think it was an allergic reaction to this lotion stuff that Scaggs had but who knows. 

Girls always yell, "Hey cutie! Take me back to the states." 

One of our guys we were gonna baptize was named Freddy. His ex-girlfriend (whose house he moved out of) was saying he was messing around with this other girl. We went and talked to the lady and it's just a big mess. I felt like I was in a live show of Jerry Springer, but we got everything figured out and baptized him. 

There is another guy named Edgar. Elder Scaggs was baptizing and everyone was saying he was gonna be too small. When he was baptizing Edgar Elder Scaggs slipped and him and Edgar went down. It was real funny. Everyone got a good laugh. We have 3 baptisms in the first 9 days and we have more possibilities but we're gonna need some help from the Lord if we are going to break the record. We started asking people who has the biggest families that they know, so that's yielded some possibilities. We'll see what happens.

We met our new mission president, President Poncillo. He's pretty cool. He remembered me from when I talked to him at the MTC. He's pretty funny. Elder Scaggs and I had to do a skit for heat exhaustion. We were pretty good actors, not gonna lie. Some of our district came down to Condega and we all went fishing didn't have much like or any for that matter, but we had a good time. 

For exercise we walk 20 miles a day, that works pretty well. I dropped 10 pounds since I've been here. I'm about 230 now and was about 245 when I left. Between sweating and diarrhea I'm losing some weight. Also we have a t25 DVD. All the movies here are bootlegged and you get them for like 20 cords, which is like less than a dollar. Electricity at the house is fine sometimes it doesn't work. There's like wires everywhere, it definitely would not be up to code in the states, most things here aren't. We have one of the biggest mission houses. Its about the size of the cabin maybe a little wider. We have a little porch outside and we have avocados, limes, mangoes, and coconut trees on our property. The mangoes hit the roof of the house when they fall and it scares the crap out of me every time. Everyone in my zone has like 2 months or 6 months left. I have 22, I'm almost there.

Love,
Elder Thackeray

No comments:

Post a Comment